Friday, May 30, 2008

Breathe in... Breathe out..


Allergy induced Asthma.
Its not the official diagnosis, but that is what it is looking like.
Tina had another wheezing attack the other night. That would be two times in the past month (last time we had the ER visits). She has had no fever, no cold, nothing like that. She just started up with a cough and then the next thing you know she is wheezing.

So we are now starting up home nebulizer treatments to keep things in check. It will also be nice to have the machine at home because Tina REFUSES to use the rescue inhaler.

I took them to the base yesterday for treatment and we had quite the experience. We took Tina down to the radiology department for an X-ray to make sure that there was no pneumonia.
As we are walking back the tech says to me "do you have anyone to watch him?" looking at Hunter. I politely tell him "Your looking at her."
He looks a little freaked out like how is he going to get Tina to sit still by himself. Keep in mind, the kids are being wonderful at this point. No running, no jumping around, plain ole good kids.
I tell him that Tina will be fine and I'll sit with Hunter.

So the tech takes Tina and starts getting the xrays and about 5 mins into it Hunter has to go Pee. OF COURSE HE DOES.
I Look around and spot a bathroom down the hall. We shuffle down there and I send him in to go to the bathroom *NOTE: In the bathroom they have those emergency pull cords... if anyone is going to grab that its going to be Hunter.* I choose not to point them out because I think the temptation would be too great so I tell him to hurry it up. At this point the tech walks out of the room and says "Maam. I need to go drop this off. She is right here." and he walks off. UMM HELLO I have one toddler in the bathroom with pull cords and one sitting in her underwear on a xray machine.
Hunter is taking FOREVER to go so I jog back down to him, tell him to wrap it up and go back to Tina.

A young guy walks out of a room and sees Tina sitting there in her room, Hunter walking out of the bathroom with his pants unzipped, and me standing in the middle. He just started laughing.

I think I'm more proud of the fact that Mr. Mischievous did not pull the emergency cords.

But Tina did great, Xray was clear and we're just going to wait this out and see what happens as far as the asthma goes. I've got some allergy medication for her so hopefully that will help.

No comments: