Thursday, May 8, 2008

Add some more gray why dont we???/

Wednesday morning I kept Tina home from school because she had a cough and I didnt want to get other kids in her class sick. By Wednesday afternoon she is starting to wheeze so I call a friend who is a PA to see if she will come over and take a listen. She was at work so I go ahead and call the base ped who sends me on my way over to the Medstop (like a mini ER). We (Tina, Hunter and I) get to the Medstop and they take Tina right back and give her a breathing treatment to get her oxygen levels up. She was a perfect angel and she had excellent care. We left there once things were really stable and I stopped by the house to pick up my neighbor Alice to sit with the kids while I ran into the pharmacy.

So I pick up Alice and we head to the pharmacy. I drop off the scripts and then tell the kids I will get them (and me) a icee as a treat for being so good. Hunter falls asleep before I even get to BK and Tina starts to look tired. As I pulled up to pay window at BK, Tina starts to puke. NASTY. I pull over and Alice walks up to the window to pay. At one point I gave her a blanket to throw up in (instead of her clothes and the car) and she was so upset "But I'll ruin it mommy". Awee what a sweetie.

So I call the medstop doc back and tell them that we now have puke and she tells me to get my hiney to the ER.

Off to the ER we go.
I get to the ER and Tina is starting to perk up a bit at this point. I call a friend who comes and picks up Alice and Hunter. I sit around some more at the ER. And I sit around the ER some more. And some more.. and some more. I keep thinking about the puke in my car and how nice that is going to smell when I can finally get out there to clean it. And you know that if I had left the ER to go clean it they would call her back immediatly. Tina is acting pretty normal, her eyes are still sick looking but she feels better and is acting better so I set a time limit. If by 730 she is not called back i'm taking her home. At 720 she starts to cough and by 735 she is in the back hooked up to nebulizer and getting another breathing treatment and a IV line. She didnt even cry. They brought over a team of about 5 people to give her the line and didnt need 4 of them. They were all so impressed. :)
The Xray came back clear so we were allowed to leave once they got her stable again.

So we finally get out of there late at night and then go to the pharmacy to pick up her medicine and a princess tiera and earrings for being so good.
She crashed with me last night and only had one other coughing fit in the middle of the night. She went to the pediatrician today and checked out A-OK. So we are home for the next few days and I'm doing nothing but trying to keep a 4 year old calm and mellow. If someone knows the secret to that please tell me cause I am having NO luck --and I cant use benadryl-- She is trying to wrestle with Hunter right now.

Maybe I'll kill some time and buy a bottle of Loreal and get my blonde back :)

No comments: