Sunday, June 22, 2008

sssssssssssssssssssssssss

I took the kids to the Reptile Rendezvous at the Museum yesterday morning. As much as I am afraid of snakes, I figured it would be good for them to be exposed to them and it would probably be good for all of us to learn the differences between poisonous and non poisonous snakes.

We walk in and I'm already on edge because people are literally walking around with snakes around their necks and arms. Keep in mind, I HATE snakes. My fear has intensified over the years, and I'll admit its a bit much, but I just can't help it. So we walk in, I see the snakes all over the place and I'm putting up a big front so the kids don't catch on and start to be afraid themselves.

My toes are curled up.. I'm getting all flushed. Yeah this is going to be great I'm thinking.

The kids had fun touching snakes, sampling "snake meat, toad stew, etc" I think it was probably chicken tenders but I was not going to try it. The kids though.
This was the first snake they touched. I have a picture of them holding a snake, but my scanner is acting up so I'll have to scan it later.


We bumped into some friends up there and they had a good time scaring me throughout the lobby. We eventually made our way to the "snake show". We were about 3 rows back (or 3 rows too close if you ask me). The snake charmer fool gets up and gives a great presentation on snakes. He has copperheads, rattlesnakes, white snakes, rat snakes...And one BIG BIG BIG python. It took 10 kids to hold that bad boy up.

We left there to go to a Birthday party and then a function in the evening. It was a LONG day, but the kids learned a ton and had fun to boot.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Now I know how to really scare you if you ever make me angry. LOL! Just kidding. I don't like snakes either..shhhh!