Friday, April 25, 2008

Tina and Speech

Last Wednesday Tina went for another speech evaluation.

Can I just say she jumped from basically a 3 year old level to a 6 year old level in 6 months!!! She will be 5 in July.

Tina has been in speech since she was 17 months old with the same therapist. Its so wonderful to see all of the changes in her.

Every other week, Tina rides a horse as part of her therapy. I don't know all the ins and outs of it but I know she loves it.
If your wondering what riding on a horse has to do with speech, then I'll tell you what I know. If your not wondering.. well I'll still tell you.

As they ride around the arena on the horse the speech therapist has a bunch of flashcards that she shows Tina. They also have cards mounted all along the outer edges of the arena. They talk about what is on the cards and work on annunciation as well. Wah-lah. Pretty simple huh?

The only drawback is that Hunter is not allowed to ride the horse (legal stuff) so I usually end up with a pretty PO'D 3 year old that just watched his big sister having a blast and he cant do it. Did I mention that he is 3 and he wants EVERYTHING at this point of his life.

More on Hunter later. I have to run and clean up some mud monsters from the backyard.

No comments: