Friday, April 25, 2008

Camping Neil Style



We decided to take the kids camping Sunday.

Adam and I have not been camping since I was something like 7 months pregnant with Tina. It did not take too much convincing to get the kids on board.

We went out earlier and gathered sticks from the "woods" aka. the trees behind the subdivision.
Adam set up a little fire in the playground and brought the lawn chairs over for the kids and they roasted hot dogs and marshmallows on the fire. I kept thinking to myself that we were surely breaking some kind of law having this fire going in the backyard.




I have to say camping in the backyard is definitely the way to go. I was able to get laundry done and clean up everything as we used it so I had no unpacking and clean up to do the next day.

We brought the kids inside for showers then went out to go to bed. OUR KIDS ROCK! They talked and giggled for a few minutes on their side of the tent but they were asleep before we knew it. Adam rigged up the laptop so he and I were on our side of the tent and watched a movie. Didn't I say that camping in the backyard is the way to go??

Sierra (the cat) managed to squeeze herself into the tent which was a bit of a freak out moment. One minute we are laying there watching a movie. The next minute we have a cat sneaking in.

Hunter renamed Sierra by the way. Her new name is CHA CHA. Tina then added to it and her NEW NEW name is CHA CHA PUSSYCAT.

Oh and I should mention Parker and Daisy. Daisy made a little nest over on the kid side of the tent and never budged. Parker came on to our side and I am not kidding when I say that old dog was every bit as excited as we all were to be camping.

I think it was close to 1am when I heard Tina coughing. Between my nose being frozen and the air mattress deflating, I just went ahead and grabbed Tina and she and I slept the remainder of the night in the house :)


Overall it was so much fun. I know we'll do it again, the question is though WHERE??



No comments: