Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We must be doing something right.

I find myself questioning my parenting skills every so often.. You know when the kids are bickering at each other over EVERY LITTLE THING, when it takes them umpteen million tries to go "find your shoes", and when they cry because we will not purchase them every single toy in the store.
I think to myself that I have raised two little pint sized monsters.

Well the past two days my little monsters turned into little angels.

Yesterday, Tina was in her room playing with her Ponyville stuff. We started collecting these around Christmas time and the most recent purchase was when we moved into the new house. We wanted her to have something to play with in the room while we waited on the household goods to arrive. We also thought it would help make the room special to her and would keep the kids from fighting over rooms.

So, Tina is in her room playing with her toys and I stop in to talk to talk to her, and she says to me "Mommy, I have too many ponyvilles, I think I need to wrap them up and give them to some children that do not have any toys." ((be still my heart))
I asked if she was sure she wanted to give these toys (I mean.. really?? We just bought the silly things) but she was pretty set on wanting to help the kids. She even mentioned that we should go to the store and buy them some other toys.


Then today on the ride home from school slugger , aka Hunter was talking about his friends at school. I asked him if maybe he wanted to invite one of his friends over one day for a playdate and asked him which one in the class was his best friend. He tells me "Damien" . Now this confused me because Damien is the little boy that Hunter punched in the eye a few weeks ago. For those that do not know the story, "D" as I will call him, torments Hunter on a daily basis and Hunter finally had enough and clocked the kid. D has not messed with Hunter since, but Hunter still tells me all of the naughty things D does at school all day and how he is usually in trouble.
Ok, so back to the story. Hunter says he wants his friend Damien to come home with us. He then proceeded to tell me that even though D is a naughty boy he wants to make him a Happy letter so that D will feel better, and that the letter will help D like Hunter. That even though D does not like Hunter that he likes D.
(((Aweeeee)) See?? I knew Hunter was a sweet kid deep down :)

So even though they fight over who is sitting behind mommy in the car and who is the first one to take a bath every night, they still are sweet, caring little kids and we must be doing something right as parents to have them think of other kids instead of themselves all of the time.

Shameless brag over :)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Well, don't you have just the sweetest kids EVAH? LOL! Miss you guys sooo much! Come and visit. :)

Sherrie said...

Now, you must come by and pick up this award. It fits you perfectly. And you better post it on here, too. I expect to see a post girlie! LOL!

http://childresshousehold.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-feel-so-loved.html