Sunday, December 14, 2008

Big Changes ahead

Well as most of you know we are moving. We still do not have official orders in hand yet, but we are 99% sure we are going. So much so that we went ahead and put the house on the market before we left for our thanksgiving vacation. We put the house on the market on a Sunday and by Friday we had a contract put in. We close this Thursday!!! The new owners are being very generous and are allowing us to stay here until February.

I guess I forgot to mention WHERE we are moving. Melbourne Beach, Florida!!! How perfect of a location is this going to be for the kids? Disney world, Sea World, the beach, warm weather. I am so excited! Adam will be going back and forth from Georgia to Florida until June (don't ask.. it gets complicated.. but its a good thing for his career in the long run). I do think that the kids and I will be moving as soon as we find a house though. I have found a school that seems very promising. 178 total students; the principal is planning on coming in to give us a tour during Christmas break.

We are heading down the day after Christmas to do some serious house hunting. We have already narrowed down the choices to ohh about 30.. HA!!

The kids are super excited to move to the beach. I guess all those trips to Daytona this past year paid off -- I don't think we are going to have any problems with transition.

Anyways, that's the big news. I'm going to miss my friends here terribly, but they all know they can come on down and visit whenever they want. Its not goodbye, its "see you soon."

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

WAAAHHHHH! But -- I do get to come visit, so go ahead and get the room ready. I'll be your frequent guest...will you have any perks for me? LOL! Tell Adam he'll probably dislike me b/c I'll be there so often. LOL! We will miss you all terribly!